One man's quest to watch the top 1001 movies of all time.

Monday 10 October 2011

The Adventures of Ignoring History

Film: The Adventure of Robin Hood
Year: 1938
Were I Saw It: DVD

To preface: I like this film.  But this film has always held a special place in my heart.  It has sword fighting and over-the-top acting as only early Hollywood can deliver.  However, you need to watch this movie with a sense of irony or as you would watch a cartoon.  If you don't, you'll hate everything about this one.  Most of all, you'll hate the blatant disregard for history in general.  Here are eight things historically wrong with Robin Hood.

1.  Green nylons were not readily available.

2.  I know he's ageless, but I don't think Patrick Stewart was also King Rich- Ooops, wrong Robin Hood.

3.  Nowhere in Medieval England were there jungle-esk vines for people to swing on.

4.  I know Sherwood's a big forest, but I really don't think the merry men would be that hard to find.  They're a large group of men who apparently do nothing at camp except drink and laugh.

5.  Robin Hood was a person not a fox- Ooops, wrong Robin Hood.

6.  King Richard was not a good guy.  King Richard was a douche.

7.  Robin:  Who are you friend?
     John :  My name's John Little.
     Robin:  I shall call you Little John!
     John:  And I shall call you Dickweed.

8.  I know he's ageless but I don't think Morgan Freeman was- Ooops, wrong Robin Hood.

One Last Point: QUIT REMAKING THIS FILM!!!

Thanks for reading! - Scott Scene

2 comments:

  1. There are at leat 3 remakes of this film in production as we blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it Patrick Stewart or Sean Connery...or both? Anyway, Richard I, douche. Richard the II, badass. Richard III, douch and a bit of a pussy. Richard IV, suspiciously non-existant but probably also a douche.

    ReplyDelete