One man's quest to watch the top 1001 movies of all time.

Sunday 27 November 2011

TO THE MOOOOOOON!!!!

Film: Le Voyage Dans La Lune (A Trip To The Moon)
Year: 1902
Where I Saw It: DVD

So my buddy The Projectionist gives me a call and says, "I've got one of those films you're looking for.  In fact, I think it's the first one."  So I head over to his house and we throw it on.  This is the first science fiction film ever made and at fifteen minutes long, even if you're not a fan of the genre, it's still well worth a watch.  It's truly like watching a piece of history.  The techniques used in this film may look cheesy now but at the time, they were brand-spank'n new and jaw dropping to watch.

But I do have to make fun of a few points and as much as I respect this film, there are a whole lotta things that don't make sense.  So here are a few things you need to know if you ever go to the moon.

1.  Make sure your spaceship is just a big bullet.

2.  To launch your spaceship, just load it into a massive canon and point it at the moon.  Make sure your cannon fires like a cannon you would see on a pirate ship.

3.  When you are on the moon, all you will need is a coat, hat and umbrella.

4.  Watch out for moon men, but if you do run into them, just hit them with your umbrella and they'll explode.

5.  To get back to Earth, just push your bullet off a moon cliff and you'll drop back to the planet.

One Last Point - To become an astronomer/astronaut, all you need is a pointy hat.

Thanks for reading and thanks again to The Projectionist! - Scott Scene

1 comment: