One man's quest to watch the top 1001 movies of all time.

Wednesday 18 January 2012

Laura And The- HOLY CRAP!!! IS THAT VINCENT PRICE?!?

Film: Laura
Year: 1944
Where I Saw It: Netflix

First off, I'm really really really sorry for not posting for so long.  Secondly, I hope you all had a fantastic holiday and had lots of good times with friends and family.  Thirdly, I had kind of a crazy New Year's, so if any one has seen a pair of pants some where in the downtown area, please let me know.  Now down to the movie.

The movie's plot is centered around a woman named Laura who everyone wants to be or be with.  And I do mean everyone; the crotchety yet witty old critic, other women in the film, police officers, Vincent Price- Yes, a young Vincent Price is in this film and it's not a horror role.  It's kind of neat to see.

But the character that really steals the show is the old critic.  He is fascinated with Laura and elevates her to a celebrity status.  He's really manipulative and has such a wonderfully twisted personality.  He's truly a bad guy you love to hate.  There's also a touch of him not only to be with Laura but actually BE Laura.  I don't know if the director planned it that way, but I definitely got that impression.

One Last Point: Again, sorry about not posting for so long.  I'll throw in a few extra reviews over the next few weeks to make up for it.  Also, you really have to see Vincent Price in this film.  It's a good thing he moved into horror films because he doesn't do that great at being the romantic lead.

Thanks for read! - Scott Scene

2 comments:

  1. All I wanted for Christmas and New Year's was a few Scott Scene posts. You let me down. Now I don't believe in Santa Claus or Calendars.

    ReplyDelete